The term Quartz is derived from the Polish words “kwardy” and “Twardy” meaning ‘Hard’. Quartz is the second most abundant materials on the planet and therefore comes in a variety of appearances and colour.
Quartz minerals are mined before being ground into an aggregate which is then fused with a resin designed to bind the rock under intense pressure and heat to form the spectacular quartz slab. Pigments are added during the process to give the slab its unique colour and aesthetic.
With Quartz being one of the most durable minerals on Earth, it comes as no surprise that your quartz countertop will have a very long lifespan if it is taken care of, with many quartz worktops possessing the potential to last a lifetime.
Check out our quartz suppliers
If you’d like to discover some of the lovely quartz worktops we supply click on each of the brands below.
All of these materials are an indicative image of the stone reflecting the typical colour and texture. As it is a natural product, each individual slab will have it’s own unique geological characteristics. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Why choose a quartz surface?
- Quartz has a rich and luxurious appearance
- It is a nonporous material, which makes it very hygienic (ideal for kitchens)
- Excellent durability and long lifespan
- Quartz is very easy to maintain
- Quartz tabletops can be engineered to include virtually any colour
- A wide variety of styles is available, so you can design a truly unique indoor space
- Quartz surfaces can be designed to have a uniform look and feel, which is ideal for large installations
However, there are also a handful of disadvantages:
- Provides a contemporary look, which may not be suitable for some locations
- More expensive than other types of stone
- Not as resistant to heat as granite
Natural stone is a generic term used to describe products mined from the earth. The natural stone products we offer customers include granite, quartz, marble, limestone, sandstone, onyx, slate, travertine and much more.
All of our natural stone products are ethically sourced from the world’s leading mines. Our slabs are carefully chosen for their quality, durability, and unique appearance. We always do our best to ensure customers have easy access to natural stone products of exceptional quality.