Marble is a metamorphic rock which is formed when limestone sediment is crystallized under head and pressure to form hard rock. Marble makes for an excellent kitchen worktop material as it stays cool to the touch due to being a poor conductor of heat.
When choosing a marble work surface, it is important to remember that it is not as hard as materials such as granite and quartz, meaning it can be prone to scratching as well as staining. If you are willing to look past these minor imperfections however, a Marble worktop can be a beautiful addition to any kitchen.
All of these materials are an indicative image of the stone reflecting the typical colour and texture. As it is a natural product, each individual slab will have it’s own unique geological characteristics. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Why Choose Marble
- Marble is a beautiful material
- Available in a wide range of colours and patterns, from light pink through to jet black
- Surprisingly affordable (sometimes cheaper than quartz or granite)
- Resistant to heat
- Reflects light well
- Reasonably durable (although not as durable as granite or quartz)
- Can increase the value of your property
However, there are also some disadvantages:
- Marble is softer than other stones, so more likely to scratch or chip
- Is porous, so can be stained (must be regularly sealed if used in kitchen or bathroom)
Natural stone is a generic term used to describe products mined from the earth. The natural stone products we offer customers include granite, quartz, marble, limestone, sandstone, onyx, slate, travertine and much more.
All of our natural stone products are ethically sourced from the world’s leading mines. Our slabs are carefully chosen for their quality, durability, and unique appearance. We always do our best to ensure customers have easy access to natural stone products of exceptional quality.